1. The name Corgi means “dwarf dog” in the Welsh language.
2. There are two different types of Corgi called Pembroke Welsh Corgi and Cardigan Welsh Corgi.
3. Cardigan Welsh Corgis are over 3,000 years old. Pembroke Welsh Corgis are believed to have accompanied the Vikings who settled in Wales.
4. According to ancient Welsh law, you would be fined heavily for stealing a Corgi.
5. Corgis shed a lot of hair as they have a double coat.
6. Queen Elizabeth II has owned more than 30 Corgis since 1945. 7. Corgis were originally bred as hunting dogs and this is why as puppies they may nip at your ankles but you can train them not to. 8. Corgis have a love of life and can have a very positive influence on their owners. 9. Many Corgis prefer to sleep on their backs (like some humans). 10. Corgis love the great outdoors and as such make great pets for adventure seekers.