1) A dog's sense of smell is more than 1 million times stronger than a human.
2) A dog's sense of hearing is 10 times more accurate than a human.
3) The average dog can run at just over 30kms per hour at top speed.
4) Dogs have twice as many ear muscles as people.
5) An adult dog has 42 teeth.
6) A female dog carries her puppies for 60 days.
7) Dogs are as smart as 2-year-old children.
8) Dogs sweat through their paws, unlike humans who sweat through most of their bodies.
9) Dog's noses are wet to help absorb scent chemicals.
10) The tallest dog in the world was a Great Dane named Zeus who measured 44 inches tall
and featured in the Guinness Book Of Records.
11) Dogs can be trained to detect cancer cells and other diseases in humans. Dogs may be
able to sniff out cancer cells by sniffing someone's breath.
12) There are approximately 600 million dogs in the world with about 400 million being stray
13) Scientists claim that the world’s first known dog lived 31,700 years ago. This dog
resembled a large Siberian Husky.
14) Spiked collars originated from ancient Greece to protect dogs throats from a wolf
15) Dogs can learn more than 1,000 words.
16) Smaller breeds generally live longer than larger breeds.
17) No two dogs share the same nose prints.
18) Dogs have 3 eyelids including one to keep their eyes moist and protected.
19) Dogs are direct descendants of wolves.
20) Dogs can learn to walk backward, salute, and bow.